Monday, February 1, 2010

Make Me Whole

Healing to my soul
Has never come easily.
Yet, Your still, small Voice
Has always touched me.
I struggle and I wrestle
Every time You try
To teach me Your Ways.

I've done my own thing
And hurt the people close to me.
Followed a path that
Hindered what I ought to be.
A man of God
A beacon to the lost
In these Last Days.

I know it's so obvious,
Lord. I need you!
And I know I've wrestled
With Your Will.
I've neglected Your Holy Spirit
And Your Soul sustaining Word, and still...
I need You.

I'm imperfect.
And I'm rebellious.
And I'm more a fool
Than any man I know.
Please forgive me, Lord.
Please cleanse me, Lord.
And heal my soul.

Please take this clay and fashion me.
I don't know how
To be the man I ought to be.
You're all I want,
Your Word, Your Will, Your Spirit

Make me whole.